Countdown to The BRIT Awards 2019
The countdown to The BRIT Awards 2019 with Mastercard is on, with the show set to be broadcast live worldwide on Wednesday 20th February from London’s O2 Arena.
Little Mix, George Ezra, P!nk and Calvin Harris are all confirmed to perform, with Calvin’s performance set to feature vocalists including Dua Lipa, Sam Smith and Rag’n’Bone Man. H.E.R. will also be taking to the stage with Jess Glynne.
The BRITs 2019 coverage will kick off with Red Carpet coverage at 16:30 GMT, streamed live on Facebook for the fourth consecutive year.
UK viewers can watch the awards on ITV/STV from 8pm, while international viewers will be able to tune in at YouTube.com/BRITs. Performances and highlights will be available to watch after the event on YouTube and YouTube Music, the official Music App of BRITs 2019.
There will also be additional activations across every major social platform throughout the evening, including:
– A fan-powered Twitter Cam with Mastercard giving viewers personalised snapshots of Red Carpet arrivals, a first for the BRITs
– Giphy will be live gif’ing the whole show, producing hundreds of gifs alongside a suite of giphy stickers available for use in Instagram stories
– A global Snapchat story covering all the night’s key moments
– A new partnership with Jungle Creations, showcasing original content across three of their major channels, including recreating famous BRITs looks on The Look, Red Carpet Challenges on VT and weekend recipe tutorials with artists on Twisted Food
– The world’s leading destination for short-form mobile videos TikTok will be live streaming from the BRITs Red Carpet. Fans are also joining in the #BRITsThankYouSpeech hashtag challenge in-app, showing us their best creative videos
Dorothy Hui, Sony Music UK 4th Floor Creative’s VP of Digital, said, “over the last two show campaigns, we have expanded The BRITs digital footprint to fully integrate key platforms and widen the reach of The BRITs brand. For 2019, we’re focused on deepening engagement across platforms. We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to embrace the strength of the YouTube community with YouTube Music now onboard as Official Music App.”
Sony Music artists have received a total of 16 BRIT Awards nominations across nine categories.
George Ezra has been nominated for three awards – British Male Solo Artist, British Single and Mastercard British Album of the Year – crowning a remarkable 2018 in which his second album, Staying at Tamara’s, was the best-selling artist album of the year.
Tom Walker has two nominations – British Breakthrough Act and British Single, for his platinum-selling hit ‘Leave a Light On’.
Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa’s ‘One Kiss’, the biggest-selling single of 2018, has been nominated for British Single and British Artist Video of the Year.
Little Mix are also in the running for British Artist Video of the Year for their collaboration with Nicki Minaj, ‘Woman Like Me’, and have been nominated for British Group for the second time.
In the international categories, The Carters, First Aid Kit and Brockhampton are nominated for International Group, while Camila Cabello is in the running for International Female and Travis Scott is up for International Male.
P!nk will be honoured at the 2019 BRIT Awards with the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award, which has not been presented since 2012 when Blur were the recipients. Other previous winners of the prize include Sir Elton John, the Spice Girls and the late David Bowie.